Sunday, August 23, 2015

Documentation: grape spiders

At the start of August, I took a couple of prints and the grocery bags to gift as a thank you to the people at Mercy Radiology and MPI for letting me use their scanners and pick their brains. They were stoked, and said they would frame the prints and put them on display in both workplaces! At Mercy they also said I was more than welcome to come back and do some more X-rays. The images I’ve been using are getting a bit tired so I might just take them up on that offer…

While I was at the MPI headquarters, they also asked if they could use the image for marketing/publicity graphics. I really hope something comes out of that.

I also got talking with Dale about the fruit fly and other instances of imported fruit contamination, including a recent recall of grapes from Mexico which were found to be infested with black widow spiders.
That discussion led to a little screen print drawing:


Resized

(if I do any more with this idea then next time the spider will be more subtle, orangey-coloured)