Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Bejnamin Chasselon






















[Note: above images are from my gap year in 2013, which I spent trawling the art galleries of Europe and taking lots of photos of artworks that I liked. Over the past summer I have organised+compiled all of these. By doing so and uploading them here I’m hoping to find connections and identify common elements, creating a record of the things I felt drawn to and inspired by.]
These were hanging in the house of a friend of mine near Geneva. Incredibly detailed, I liked the effect of isolated clusters of bright colours against expansive grey backgrounds.
The artist is Benjamin Chasselon, based in Marseille, artist website here. It’s interesting to see that what were initially very straightforward illustrative paintings of beaches have evolved into the graphic+stylised aesthetic of his ‘dernière créations’.